5 ways gift cards can come to your rescue this holiday season
Posted: November 13, 2017 | Word Count: 428
We all have hard-to-buy-for people on our shopping list — from a friend who has everything, to long-distance relatives and those who seem tough to please. So, what’s the best gift to get them this holiday season? For the 11th consecutive year, the National Retail Federation has named gift cards the most requested gift, and there are a variety of gift cards available to please everyone on your list.
Here are five ways gift cards can come to the rescue this holiday season:
1) When you want it to be personal: Create a personalized Visa or Mastercard gift card on GiftCards.com. Simply upload your own photo onto a Visa or Mastercard gift card that can be used where either network is accepted, and your loved ones will receive a custom, thoughtful gift he or she will cherish.
2) When you’re short on time: Get creative with a gift basket that can be made in minutes at a nearby grocery or big-box retailer. Stop by the Gift Card Mall at your local store, choose the gift card you wish to give, and create a themed gift. For example, pick up a gift card for the recipient’s favorite coffee shop and package it with a fun mug or thermos!
3) When gifting gadget lovers: Gadgets are always a hot gift for the holidays, but will likely be even hotter this year thanks to all of the new voice-powered assistants, smartphones and other devices now available. Giving a gift card to retailers like Best Buy, Amazon, Apple and other tech-savvy stores allows the recipient to research, test and pick the gadget or tech innovation he or she will most enjoy.
4) When gifting an adventure seeker: For those on the shopping list that are always on the go, look for experiential gift cards that can be used in a variety of places. Think Spafinder for a day of relaxation, Airbnb for frequent travelers or Uber for friends or family who are constantly on the go.
5) When you want to go paperless: While some prefer a plastic gift card, eGift cards are continuing to gain popularity, specifically with younger generations who prefer to store things digitally. For a gift that’s as easy to spend as it is to give, choose the perfect eGift card from the hundreds available at GiftCards.com.
With the variety of retailers, experiences and personalized options available, gift cards are poised to be the perfect gift this holiday season. As you’re making your list and checking it twice, you’ll likely find that for every name on the holiday list, there’s a gift card to match.