6 Ways to Save Time and Money This Holiday Shopping Season
Posted: November 15, 2019 | Word Count: 694
No matter what holiday shoppers are looking for this season, there are two things on everyone’s list: saving time and saving money. Whether you’re making memories with friends and family, or enjoying some JOMO (joy of missing out) cozied up with a holiday flick and treat, we all wish we had more time over the holidays. Picking out the perfect gift for everyone on your list can also be a drain on your free time — and your wallet — with The National Retail Federation predicting that holiday spending will increase approximately 4% this year. This holiday season, simplify your shopping with these six easy tips so you can save both time and money and get back to enjoying “the most wonderful time of the year” with family and friends.
- Set a budget — and stick to it. With shoppers expected to spend more this year, setting a budget will be as important as ever, and a great first step in managing holiday spending. Sticking to your budget can be difficult, but there are plenty of ways to save. For many, purchasing in cash adds a level of accountability and is a key way to keep holiday spending on track. Try paying with cash even when shopping online, with helpful resources like Amazon Cash and Amazon PayCode.
- Shop online — but know where to shop to get the best prices. This year, according to PwC’s 2019 Holiday Outlook, more than half of customers (54%) will shop online. Save time and money by shopping with a one-stop location. A recent report by Profitero stated that Amazon is set to beat U.S. online retailers on pricing throughout the holiday season by 20% on average across key consumer shopping categories.
- Shop with Prime. ‘Tis the season of busy schedules and eleventh-hour needs. Whether you’re looking for last-minute ingredients or the best playlist for a holiday gathering, Prime can help you save time and get everything you need this holiday season. In addition to getting the best of shopping and entertainment, Prime members have access to exclusive perks to help navigate the holiday season — from free ultrafast grocery delivery when you need something in a pinch, to early access on the hottest holiday deals.
- Look out for deals. Everyone wants to score deals on products they love — but comparing prices during the holidays can feel like an extra job. Luckily, you can track the best deals without spending much time or energy this season. Customize your gift search, or, simply sign up for “Watch a Deal” alerts and receive alerts when items you’ve had an eye on drop in price. Also, thrifty shoppers can check out Bargains to find savings on a vast selection all in one place.
- Don’t stress over gifting. Finding the perfect gift can be overwhelming! Eliminate the stress by starting with curated gift guides on top categories like Toys, Electronics, Books and Luxury Beauty. They’re a great way to see what’s popular this season and get gift ideas for anyone on your list. Plus, you can even sort by price, making it easy to stay on budget by finding gifts at the right price point. Still can’t find the perfect gift? A gift card will allow you to set the budget you want, and everyone can find something they love from a wide selection of products.
- Delivery your way. Once lists are checked twice and shopping is complete, select convenient shipping and delivery options that work best for your holiday schedule. Amazon Day gives Prime members peace of mind knowing that their purchases will conveniently arrive on the day of their choice, and are consolidated into fewer boxes whenever possible. In addition to other flexible delivery options like Amazon Key, shoppers can make use of secure pickup options as well. Eliminate the worry of ruining a surprise or transporting packages by using self-service Amazon Lockers, staffed Amazon Locker+ pickup and return locations or visiting a staffed Counter location.
This holiday season, give yourself the gift of saving time and money so you can spend the holidays doing more of what you love with the people you love most.