5 surprising things you'll find on your Midwest vacation
Posted: December 13, 2018 | Word Count: 446
1) This winter, escape to Destination Kohler, the Midwest’s only Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond resort-hotel. The charming retreat is set in the quaint village of Kohler, Wisconsin, only two hours north of Chicago. The world-class travel destination features everything a traveler seeks: from historic accommodations to the luxurious Kohler Waters Spa, holistic wellness offerings and distinct culinary events. Horse-drawn carriage rides through the village set the scene and are especially popular after new-fallen snow.
2) Soak in the serenity and all the outdoors offers, year-round. The Ice Age National Scenic Trail is a thousand-mile footpath that highlights these landscape features as it travels through some of the state’s most beautiful natural areas. The trail is entirely within Wisconsin and is one of only 11 National Scenic Trails, according to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. The trail offers scenic landscapes for enthusiasts of silent sports. No motorized vehicles are permitted on the pristine hiking trail and conservation resource.
3) For a hydrating, indoor respite from the Midwest’s dry and cold winters, guests can rejuvenate at the recently expanded Kohler Waters Spa, one of only 60 Forbes Five-Star spas worldwide. Led by industry experts with decades of experience, the spa is renowned for its cutting-edge hydrotherapy services, which have been shown to help detox, improve circulation and hydrate the body.
4) For travelers looking to continue, adjust or enhance their healthy routine while on vacation, consider destinations that provide thoughtful well-being programs. Destination Kohler offers the Destress, Healthy Lifestyle or Mindful Journeys where guests can speak with a Wellness Concierge in advance of their visit to personalize their wellness experience.
5) Consider yoga and cycling classes as part of a winter getaway. Specifically, yoga has been found to assist in detoxification, increase flexibility, promote mindfulness and can boost your mood. Studios like Yoga on the Lake also offer thoughtful programming to further enhance these results. On Feb. 2, 2019, Yoga on the Lake, Alchemy by Nina Kohler and Yoga Digest will present “Energy in Motion + Om & Beats," a weekend focused on energy and yoga ending with an energizing yoga event.
A trip to the Midwest offers all this and more for travelers. Diving in and embracing the invigorating, winter environment makes warming up and relaxing afterward even more satisfying. For more information and reservations, call 800-344-2838 or visit DestinationKohler.com.